Whether you own Balenciaga’s or Valentinos, you just cannot have enough footwear in your closet to ever satiate the shopaholic that lives inside each of us. Today, however, we have decided to put things into perspective, mind our shopping habits and limit the impulsive buying behavior by creating a list of staple shoes that you and I both should invest in to curb down our expenses.
Summers are no doubt hasty, but with climate change rapidly affecting temperatures around the globe you can never be sure of how long each season is going to last. To be on the safer side, invest in shoes that are:
- Easy to wear and take off
- Make being on foot less of a hassle
If a pair fulfills this criterion then you can splurge on it. Our top three picks for summers are:
- Lightweight wedges for summers, as they go along with most of your summer dresses and are quite comfortable.
- Toms are another option for summers. They make traveling easier, and look uber chic with dresses and pants.
- Strappy sandals are yet another option for you to invest in. However, avoid going for completely flat soles because they don’t last long, and with wear, off from every day where they can get really uncomfortable.
While most people associate winters with long boots and chunky shoes, which in its true essence is the right thing to do – but, there are always some classics that never go out of style. For winters you should invest in shoes that are:
- Provide comfort
- Capable of withstanding rain and snow
- Not too dodgy
We advise that you stock on:
- Uggs are the most reliable option for winter footwear. They are warm and comfortable, however pricier but you know it is one time investment that would go a long way.
- Ankle boots for formal wear. You can invest in good quality ankle boots, preferably black or animal print that you can wear with most of your winter outfits. Getting boots in animal prints might be too bold of a move for some, in that case, you can opt for ankle boots in a monochrome theme.
- Last but not the least, we think pumps or better known as ballet pumps are another staple footwear product for winters that you can wear at home for extra comfort, and wear it outside when the weather is not all that wet and dreary. They make up for the perfect fit for winter parties that are indoors.
Its neither too hot to be wearing crop tops or too cold to wearing fur or mink coats – which precisely means that it is spring! With flowers blooming around you and new life breathing its first breaths, it is that time of the year when you wish to wear something that is safe and comfortable in terms of unpredictable rain, yet obeys the fashion laws. Hence:
- Something floral
- Easy to wear
- Minimal maintenance
Here are our picks:
- Sandals or slip ons
Choose a pair that goes with your outfits. Sandals that tie at the ankle are more utilitarian than slip ons because most of the time you will see people dragging their feet in slip one – and that is just distasteful. So, invest in a good quality pair of sandals that you can wear from office to home.
- Neutral Heels
Spring is the season where you can truly enjoy the colors, so you need to invest in something neutral and earthy when you are dressing up in all shades present on a color spectrum. Invest in a good pair of neutral heels. Choosing what to wear in the morning for the job will become easier.
Personally, I find that loafers are the safest choice in the spring season. You never know when it might rain or a cyclone might the shore. So, in the moments of uncertainty loafers will guide you home. They are also semi formal, so you don’t have to worry about whether your choice in footwear is dress code appropriate or not.
Hoping that this guide will help you select the best staple footwear for all times to come. Remember, it is always quality over quantity. You can select one pair for each season to make a season capsule and I can assure you that it’d be enough.