Scarves are among the most versatile accessories a woman can own. Although they seem very simple in design, they can be worn and tied in different ways to create incredibly unusual looks. In fact, there’s a true art to wearing a scarf. If you’re willing to learn how, you’ll have new and exciting ways to show off your favorite outfits.
Here are ten ways to wear a scarf this fall:
• In your hair. Weave one into a braid or tie one around a bun.
• As a headwrap. Show off some or none of your hair depending on how you’re feeling.
• On your wrist. Skinny scarves make beautiful alternatives to bracelets.
• Around your neck. Learn to tie different knots and you’ll never run out of options.
• Over your shoulders. Give your sleeveless blouse or dress a chic coverup.
• On your shoes. Tie them to the front of your strappy sandals and crisscross them up your legs like true ballerinas do.
• As a belt. Cinch in an oversized shirt, sweater or dress.
• As a vest. Wear it over your favorite blouses.
• As a shirt. Make a chic halter top for when you go out.
• As a skirt. Use it as a cover-up at the indoor pool or a stylish bottom with a solid top.
Scarves are among the most versatile accessories that there is. They come in a range of colors, patterns, lengths, and sizes. Learning how to tie them transforms the way they look, giving you a range of options that you may have never known existed before.
We touched base on ten ways to wear a scarf this fall but there are many more. You’ll find a great deal of inspiration on the internet and through apps such as Instagram and Pinterest. Let your imagination run wild and come up with your own incredible uses for scarves. You’ll never be bored if you own at least one scarf and know how to wear it ten different ways.