How many times have you passed up an evening event because you were stuck working late at work and didn’t have time to go home and change? How did it make you feel to miss out on the fun because you weren’t prepared? We’ve addressed this issue by coming up with some ways to transition from a daytime look to an evening look with ease.
Here’s how to do just that in five easy steps:
- Wear a cardigan or blazer buttoned over your sleeveless dress throughout the day. At night, remove the sweater or jacket for a classic, evening look. Give your skin some shimmer with some dusting powder.
- Change out your accessories. Add something sparkly. A big statement necklace and pair of chandelier earrings does the trick.
- Let your hair down. If you had your hair pulled up all day, take it down. Keep the natural wave in your hair from frizzing by carrying a small bottle of hairspray in your purse to tame flyaways. Use a pretty barrette, clip or scarf to keep your hair from falling in your face.
- Put on some eyeliner and bright lipstick. Update your makeup so that it’s more dramatic. A little eyeliner and red lipstick does the trick. Keep a makeup bag in your purse for quick fixes throughout the night.
- Update your footwear. Keep a pair of shiny metallic flats in your car or slip a pair of dazzling clip earrings to the shoes you’re already wearing to give them a more glamorous appearance. This is a quick way to complete your evening look.
Look and feel your best all day long. Follow the steps listed above for a look that transitions well. You’ll never have to turn down drinks or dancing with friends because you were stuck working late. You can be ready for the evening’s activities with little effort.